- Go to your local law enforcement office and request to be fingerprinted on FD-258 fingerprint card
- The applicant must complete and sign the Authority for Release form
- Submit a check or money order in the amount of $38.00 made out to Division of Health Service Regulation. Do not send cash. This is a non-refundable processing fee
Fingerprint impressions completed Authority for Release and $38.00 payment must be received in hard copy by mail. This information should be sent to the following address:
NC Office of EMS
2707 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-2707
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please email the Credentialing Unit at Oems.firstname.lastname@example.org
for further assistance.
- Log in to your Continuum profile.
- Look in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and you will see your name. (On a phone, the screen is different, and you may not be able to navigate to your credential so it’s best to use a computer/laptop).
- Click on the arrow next to your name for the drop-down menu.
- Choose “My Personnel View”.
- Once on the page, scroll down to your credential and you will see a “Print” button.
- Click on the print button and your credential will open in a PDF file so you can print it.
Yes, the $38.00 check or money order to process your background review should be made payable to the Division of Health Service Regulation (DHSR).
At this time, you may use a credit card to pay your $38.00 processing fee only if you are completing the background review as part of your online legal recognition application. If you are applying for a credential after passing a state exam, you must pay the processing fee with a check or money order made payable to DHSR.